In order to make sure that your Canada conference visa application doesn’t get rejected and that you can successfully take part in and benefit from participating in a conference in Canada, you must first fulfill the following criteria –
- having a passport with sufficient validity;
- being in good health;
- not have any criminal record and be able to prove the same;
- having sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada;
- a well-planned travel itinerary and return air tickets (details on your entire Canada travel plan should be furnished);
- have proof of employment and sufficient financial assets.
Vital Documentation Required To Apply For A Canadian Visa
Canada, as a country, is known to be the most travel-friendly country. It is also a beautiful nation to visit with a variety of natural wonders, historical monuments, and diverse cultures. Although most visa applicants easily obtain a Canadian tourist visa, many applications are often rejected due to incomplete forms and insufficient or incorrect documents. If you’re thinking of taking part in an international conference in Canada and thereby getting a tourist visa for Canada, you need the below-listed set of documents to be granted one.
You must have a genuine passport and other important travel documents. When applying for a Canadian visa, provide two photocopies containing your passport information page.
Photocopies should include –
- Passport issue and expiry date,
- Passport number,
- Personal information (this includes a photo, name, date of birth, and place of birth).
At least two passport-size photos are required when applying for a Canadian tourist visa.
Proof Of Funds
You must be able to submit proof that you can support yourself during your stay or visit to Canada. These are the following documents that you need to submit as proof of funds –
- Bank statements;
- A letter of employment (to show your annual earnings);
- Proof of financial support from friends/family to cover your expenses during your stay;
- Proof of income of the person who will be hosting you during your stay in Canada;
- Other financial evidence like ownership, PPFs, shares, FDs, etc.;
- Income tax documentation for the past three years.
A Cover letter
You should write a cover letter or statement to the Government of Canada explaining why they should provide you with a tourist visa.
An Invitation Letter
You’ve got to obtain and submit invitation letters from the organizers of all the upcoming conferences in Canada that you intend on taking part in while you’re in the country.
Visa Application Form & Other Documents
You must first download the Canadian visa application form from the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) website. Then, you’ve got to submit all the necessary documents, including –
- expense receipts,
- passport copies and other documents.
A comprehensive plan of the trip you are taking, including round-trip airfare. This travel itinerary should include the following –
- the name of the Canada conference that you are planning on attending;
- the venue of the conference;
- the date(s) that the conference will take place on;
- the places you intend on visiting,
- train/flight/other travel details.
A conference alerts subscription can help you get a hold of all necessary conference details.
Memorandum & Associated Documents
Independent applicants must submit a memorandum of association (an important corporate document of the company) and other supporting documents.
You must convince visa officers that you do not intend to stay in Canada. The required documents are –
A Proof Of Employment
You must provide the visa issuing officers with details of the employment contract indicating that you are their permanent employee, your role in the company, and the date you plan to return to the company to work.
A Proof Of Lease, Real Estate Transaction
These documents furnish proof that you will, in fact return to the country of your origin once you’re done attending the conference and have done everything that you claimed you’ll be doing in your travel itinerary.
How Long Does The Canadian Conference Visa Approval Process Take
According to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), several things can factor into how long it will take for your Canadian visa. These include –
- the type of visa application;
- the applicant’s country of residence;
- the completeness and authenticity of the application submitted;
- the ease with which applicant information can be confirmed;
- the backlog of applications that the IRCC has to sort through before arriving at your application;
- lastly, how long you take to respond to the IRCC in case they need clarity on any aspect/detail of your application.
In 2022, Prime Minister Trudeau announced that the Government of Canada and the IRCC were adopting a major new strategy to shorten the time taken for visa processing in Canada.